Reporting an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion concern

Any concern on Equity, Diversity and inclusion by members of the academic community should be reported either to the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Officer (contact to be added after completion of the hiring process) or to a member of the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (Interim Chair of the Committee:

The concern will be reported to the Vice-Principal Research with input from both the EDI officer and the Chair of the EDI committee on options for addressing the concern. The Vice-Principal Research will address the concern in accordance with the University Policies and Procedures. The Office of the Vice-Principal Research will inform the member of the decision and actions implemented to address the concern within a month after the report of the concern unless under exceptional circumstances.

The reporting of the concern can be done anonymously, in this case the decision and actions implemented will be communicated to EDI Officer or member of the EDI committee who reported the concern.

Confidential issues may be raised by faculty members through the Faculty Association or through the Institution Human Resources Officer.

Members of the faculty have also access to a workplace complaint advisor, conflict resolution resources from the Federal Government as well as access to the conflict resolution center.

Issues of Health and Safety may also be raised through various workplace advisors or the Complaint and Conflict Management Services or the Employee Assistance Program 1-800-268-7708.

Date modified: